Monday, June 16, 2014

9th month is here!

And somehow, both slowly but suddenly, the 9th month was here.

This was a month of mixed feelings. I wanted the baby to come out soon, but I also was extremely terrified of the labor and delivery process.
Also, the pelvic exams hurt like hell. (Well, I don't know how hell hurts, technically, but still! :P)
I also finally took the prenatal birthing class. It was quite okay... got a little boring towards the end, with it being day-long and all.

The good thing is, we finally shopped for everything, now that we were officially in the 9th month. Long Live Ikea! (Did I mention the big, long discussions we had with so many people about how "we don't buy anything in India until the baby arrives"? :D)

And of course, my parents were here now! Big yayyy! :D

A pastime for this month was finalizing baby names. While we began thinking of names way back n the 3rd month or so, we were not sure about which one name to choose from the shortlisted ones. Ananya, Almitra (my original choice - it's the name of the seeress from Khalil Gibran's book the Prophet, one of my favorites), Mukta (meaning liberated - I loved the meaning of this name), Maitreyi, Rimjhim (This one was vetoed by Mayuresh. While I loved the named, he seemed to hate it.), Zoya, Avni (I vetoed this one. It reminded me of a haunted Vidya Balan from Bhulbhulaiyya. LOL), and so on were jumbled in our minds. We then decided that only when the labor pains start, will we be able to zero in on it. But there were no signs of labor pains whatsoever so far. hehehe

As the 9th month was coming to an end, the wait began to get really too much. Too much anxiety... when will I deliver??


No comments:

Post a Comment